With the baseball season winding down, it’s time to tie up a few loose ends.
1. Orlando Cabrera thought his team could come back to make the playoffs. All the Angels needed to do was beat the A’s in all six games that the teams played against each other down the stretch. But it didn’t happen.
2. Philly Daily News columnist Paul Hagan gauranteed the Phils would make the playoffs. They didn’t. Thanks, Paul.
3. Every single ESPN baseball writer picked the Yankees to beat the Tigers in the playoffs. I picked the Tigers. For my next trick, I will move heavy objects with my large, powerful brain.
4. Speaking of playoff predictions, I picked the A’s, Tigers, Mets and Padres to win their first round series. Hey, three out of four aint bad.
5. My fantasy baseball team came up just short of the fantasy playoffs again this year. Thanks a lot, Mark Texiera. Way to be healthy, Gary Sheffield. But just you wait. 2007 is going to be my year.