Umpbump turns one year old today and to celebrate we’re counting down our greatest hits. It’s been a wild year full of steroid rumors, unfortunate facial hair, hot baseball wives, Japanese imports, car crash cover-ups and way, way too many pink hats.
We’ve had a great time blogging about it all. And we’re looking forward to another great year. But for now, here it is, your “Year in Umpbump”:
- First we learned Carl Pavano had a girlfriend, and she was a hottie. Then we discovered what his girl was really after — Derek Jeter.
- We kept you current on all the “Hot Offseason Action”.
- Sarah let you know exactly what she thought about pink hats.
- Then she came up with a reason to look at photos of Gabe Kapler and his babies.
- Something furry started growing on Jason Giambi’s upper lip.
- Alejandro and Nick gave you the dirt on Mrs. “Rockets” Matsuzaka.
- Nick chased the myth of the gyroball.
- Keith Foulke found religion.
- We took you back in time, to when John Rocker was a huge (monstrous) success.
- Alejandro told you exactly what he thought of MLB’s deal with DirecTV, and the New York Times noticed!
As you all can see, we also redesigned the blog from the ground up. Well, actually, we took a WordPress theme (Earthling2) and modified it to fit our needs (and wants). Mainly, we wanted two right columns instead of one. We think it leads itself to better organizing of the links and such.
We also kept a contrasting color to that of the main column so as to not cause strain on the eyes.
A big group hug and a toast to all of those who made Umpbump a stunning success in its first year.