I think now this is going to get interesting. Now that teams can make offers to free agents from other teams, we’re going to see some fun things happen.
Here are some of the more interesting plot points:
1. Mike Lowell is still unsigned. The Yankees still need a 3B. The Yankees still have more money than God.
2. Mark Prior will become a free agent if the Chicago Cubs don’t tender him a contract. Who’s gonna roll the dice on Prior?
3. Andruw Jones had a terrible season. But Scott Boras still thinks he’s worth $7.2 billion a year. Is he right?
4. Barry Bonds says he still wants to play. Logic says he’ll be a DH. But where? And will the impending Mitchell report scare teams away?
6. The Nationals have been mentioned as possible destinations for Andruw Jones and Aaron Rowand. Clearly, somebody went and convinced Washington that it’s a real team. But will anybody want to play for the ex-Expos?
7. Kosuke Fukodome is gonna need a nickname. Kofu anyone?