Jimmy Rollins is your 2007 NL MVP. We’ve already told you who we think should have won. Here’s what all the other blogs are saying about J-Ro.
- The 700 Level is predictably giddy.
- Today was “Jimmy Rollins Day” at Bugs and Cranks. Seriously.
- Vegas Watch is incredulous.
“Four of the voters didn’t have Wright on their ballot. Four people, whose job it is to write about baseball, did not think that David Wright was one of the ten most valuable players in the National League.”
- Joe Sheehan blogged on both Baseball Prospectus and SI that the MVP Award has morphed into the Most Valuable Copy Award. He thinks David Wright should have won.
- The ESPN writers mostly picked Rollins.
- Mets Blog thinks the baseball writers were correct and that the Mets’ collapse should cost Wright. I didn’t expect that.