Today at Fenway Park, the Red Sox decided to put that otherwise lame pink merchandise to good use: raising breast cancer awareness. The most adorable team spokesman? Hands down, without a doubt, D’Angelo Ortiz. Or, as I like to think of him, Li’l Papi. Happy Mother’s Day.
I have been waiting for this day ever since I heard Nomar Garciaparra, who was then the beloved shortstop of the Boston Red Sox, and Mia Hamm, who was then the idol of every soccer-playing girl in the Western Hemisphere (including this one), were an item. Like two champion racehorses carefully selected for speed, agility, […]
So my colleague Nick has thrown down the gauntlet, and I accept his challenge. Cute Baseball Babies it is! I started taking note of CBBs when I saw the photo below, appearing shortly after the Sox won the 2004 World Series. While Gabe’s li’l tykes are probably no longer small enough to properly be called […]
Behold, Juliana Ramirez (right): (That’s HBW alumna Michelle Damon on the left.) The Boston Globe tells how Manny met the future Mrs. Ramirez, who was a waitress at the time: Ramirez met his wife, Juliana, while he was working out at Bally’s Gym in Boston. “I came up to her and started talking to her,” […]
- Best of the NRIs, Part Two
- Another tough break for Gamel
- Montero’s assessment not necessarily a reflection on Bauer
- Best of the NRIs, Part One
- Report Casts New PED Suspicion
- Welcoming The New Balk Rule
- Appreciating Reggie
- The Next Kyle Lohse
- Morales Trade Creates Small Window For Montero
- Dodgers Already Shopping Ethier?
- Bourn’s Landing Spot
- Twins Rebuild Leaves Mauer…Somewhere