Among currently active major league franchises, which team has the lowest team ERA, across all seasons over all time?
As Manny Ramirez continues to destroy NL pitching, it’s worth noting that he’s only three grand slams away from tying Lou Gehrig’s record of 23. Can he hit three grand slams this season? Probably not. But consider this – three pitchers hit grand slams in 1995. Can you name them?
Q: Who holds the record for the single longest relief outing in major league history? Answer after the jump…
I don’t think anyone is particularly surprised that the AL Cy Young has just been awarded to C.C. Sabathia. The voting was concluded before his postseason meltdown (and before runner-up Josh Beckett’s postseason kickassery). I am much more surprised that it’s the Indians’ second Cy Young win ever, with the first going to Hall of […]
In 2003, his last season with Texas, Alex Rodriguez led the American League in home runs, runs scored, and slugging percentage, and won his second consecutive Gold Glove Award. Rodriguez also became only the second player to win an MVP award while playing for a last place team. Who was the first?
- Best of the NRIs, Part Two
- Another tough break for Gamel
- Montero’s assessment not necessarily a reflection on Bauer
- Best of the NRIs, Part One
- Report Casts New PED Suspicion
- Welcoming The New Balk Rule
- Appreciating Reggie
- The Next Kyle Lohse
- Morales Trade Creates Small Window For Montero
- Dodgers Already Shopping Ethier?
- Bourn’s Landing Spot
- Twins Rebuild Leaves Mauer…Somewhere
- Crowdsourcing the Greats: The Top 10 Managers of All Time 0 comments
- Annual UmpBump Hall of Fame Balloting: 2011 Edition 0 comments
- Will anybody get elected to the Hall of Fame this year? 0 comments
- The Next Kyle Lohse 0 comments
- Bourn's Landing Spot 0 comments
- The Cleveland Indians should retire Thome's number 0 comments
- Montero's assessment not necessarily a reflection on Bauer 0 comments
- Another tough break for Gamel 0 comments
- In which I am forced to disagree with Bill Simmons. Sigh. 0 comments
- Best of the NRIs, Part Two 1 comment