So the Philadelphia Phillies have been pretty awesome this year. Already sitting on 94 wins, they are on pace to win an amazing 107 contests. But what makes this all the more amazing is that their offense has been thoroughly mediocre, sitting square in the middle of the pack in most categories. All of which […]
After his stellar start against the Dodgers tonight, allowing only one earned run in seven innings of work, Diamondbacks starter Billy Buckner has a 2.37 ERA in three starts against Los Angeles so far this season. Against all other teams the rest of the year, however, his ERA is an unsightly 7.85.
Among currently active major league franchises, which team has the lowest team ERA, across all seasons over all time?
A pitcher’s Earned Run Average for a given game is defined as runs earned against him divided by the fraction of a game that he pitched. To calculate a season ERA, sabrmatricians take the mean of this stat over all games played. Phillies pitcher J.D. Durbin has a high ERA. Over the course of the […]
- Best of the NRIs, Part Two
- Another tough break for Gamel
- Montero’s assessment not necessarily a reflection on Bauer
- Best of the NRIs, Part One
- Report Casts New PED Suspicion
- Welcoming The New Balk Rule
- Appreciating Reggie
- The Next Kyle Lohse
- Morales Trade Creates Small Window For Montero
- Dodgers Already Shopping Ethier?
- Bourn’s Landing Spot
- Twins Rebuild Leaves Mauer…Somewhere